RELIGIOUS SERVICES, IN-PERSON, PARTICIPATION UPDATE
Current COVID-19 Protocol
(Effective as of Wednesday, April 20, 2022)
Congregation Beth Shalom‘s COVID-19 protocol remains mask optional. However, due to the recent rise in local COVID-19 transmission caused by the BA.2 Subvariant, we strongly encourage everyone able to do so to wear a mask when coming to Beth Shalom at this time. This guidance is based on the advisement of our COVID-19 medical team. Our Task Force and medical advisers will continue, as they have over the last two years, to review and update the protocol and guidance based on current information on the evolving pandemic.
We have a MASK REQUIRED SECTION in the Faye Rubenstein Weiss Sanctuary. This seating area is marked off by signage and is for those individuals that want to wear a mask and be with others also wearing a mask.
The ELC (Preschool) has a separate policy. They will determine their own protocol and will contact their families if any changes are being contemplated.
5 years of age and up
Congregation Beth Shalom requires individuals who are eligible for vaccination (ages 5 and up) to be up-to-date with all CDC/ACIP COVID vaccine recommendations.
Up-to-date with all CDC/ACIP COVID vaccine recommendations is defined below. (Booster not required for ages 5 to 11.)
- Ages 5-11 should be at least two weeks past the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
- Ages 12-17 should be at least two weeks past the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine and if more than six months from the second dose a booster/third dose is also required.
- Ages 18 and up should be at least two weeks past the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and if more than six months from the second dose a booster/third dose is also required.
- The J&J vaccine recipients should also have had one dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.
- Individuals who are eligible for vaccination (ages five and up) and have been fully vaccinated with booster, if eligible, are allowed to attend in-person gatherings/services.
- Please present your vaccination card each time you enter the building for in-person gatherings or email your vaccination card to email@example.com. We are asking you to send your card even if you have already done so as we will need to check dates and make sure that everyone who is eligible for a booster has received it. As a backup we would appreciate you always carrying your card in case we do not get your email or if it came at a time when we would have already updated the list. We apologize for this inconvenience but it is what we need to do to maintain a safe environment for everyone.
0-4 years of age
Ages 0 to 4 are welcome and encouraged to come to Beth Shalom to participate in Manny's Service in the Stofman-Zweig libraries as well as join together with the rest of the Congregation in the Faye Rubenstein Weiss Sanctuary and Samuel & Minnie Hyman Ballroom for services, kiddush and any other gatherings.
After an abundance of input from medical professionals, Beth Shalom is modifying its masking policy. We also know, though, that parents of unvaccinated children below the age of five may feel uncomfortable in the near term with the changes, and we want to be respectful and supportive of all our families to create the most welcoming environment possible.
The Youth Tefillah team of Rabbi Goodman, Manny Theiner, and Ellie Downs is committed to making our Saturday services as inclusive a space as possible. To that end, during Youth Tefillah services (Manny's Service and Jr Cong), when staff is leading the service in smaller spaces such as the Stofman and Zweig Libraries, our YT team will remain masked for the near future. For participants and families, masking is at their individual discretion.
In larger spaces such as the Samuel and Minnie Hyman Ballroom, and the Faye Rubenstein Weiss Main Sanctuary, masking will be at the discretion of the individuals. Additionally, when the weather improves, the outdoor playground will reopen, and masking will also be at the individual's discretion.
Rabbi Mark Asher Goodman
Interim Director of Youth Tefillah
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shabbat evening services Fridays at 6:00 p.m.
- Junior Congregation Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Manny's Service Saturdays at 11:15 a.m.
- Morning Service (8:00 a.m. on Sunday / 7:30 a.m. Monday – Friday)
- Evening Service (7:00 p.m. Sunday – Thursday / 6:00 p.m. on Friday)
- Shabbat Services:
- Candle Lighting: May 20 at 8:16 p.m. | May 27 at 8:22 p.m.
- Morning Services: May 21 at 9:30 a.m. | May 28 at 9:30 a.m.
- Minhah: May 21 at 8:15 p.m. | May 28 at 8:20 p.m.
- Ma’ariv: May 21 at 8:55 p.m. | May 28 at 9:00 p.m.
- Havdalah: May 21 at 9:16 p.m. | May 28 at 9:23 p.m.
Service Reference Sheets
Zoom services do not require a sign-up.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 943 2466 5900
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,94324665900# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,94324665900# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 943 2466 5900
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aEiSj6ob