Congregation Beth Shalom is a thriving egalitarian Conservative synagogue located in the heart of Pittsburgh’s Squirrel Hill. Our historic building, with its magnificent sanctuary, has been the spiritual home to generations of families for over a hundred years. Rooted in traditional values, we open our doors and hearts to all, in good times and through hardship. Through daily religious services, holiday celebrations, Torah study, education for members of all ages, and lifecycle events, we strive to grow and enrich our lives as Jews in today’s world.
We strive for a congregation that:
- Improves our lives, our community, and our world through Torah study, Jewish practice, and acts of ḥesed and tikkun olam.
- Embraces diversity, where every member feels recognized, welcomed, and at home.
- Fosters a strong sense of belonging and a deep commitment to the future of our synagogue.
- Operates sustainably and in a way that reflects our values.
- Gives members the opportunity and encouragement to learn, participate, and volunteer at every age and stage.
- Engages and celebrates children, teens, and young adults as future leaders of our community.
- Deepens and enhances our members’ connection to our community, Jewish culture, and the State of Israel.