Who We Are
Congregation Beth Shalom is a vibrant and engaging egalitarian Conservative Jewish community. Our building, with its magnificent sanctuary, has been a home to countless families for nearly a century. We continue to open our doors and hearts to new members, inviting them to join us as we live and learn
- A warm and vibrant congregational family.
- Welcoming of individuals of all backgrounds.
- Friends who share in one another’s life cycle events.
- Committed to offering diverse religious services.
- Connecting people as friends.
- An engaging cohort of thinkers and learners.
- A home for youth of all ages.
We are a kehillah, a sacred community for all.
Beth Shalom values Jewish learning at all ages. Through innovative programs, we strive to instill a love of learning in each child and adult in our congregational family
Generation to generation: l’dor v’dor
- Teen study groups
- Weekends of learning
- Visiting scholars
- Film and book discussions
- Seminars on Judaic and Israel
- Creative Shabbat experiences for youth and adults
We are a house of prayer, offering creative services and opportunities to spiritually connect, so that we may meet the diverse needs of our membership.
Creating meaningful spiritual experiences
- Morning and evening minyanim
- Clergy and congregant-led Shabbat morning services
- Guided meditation
- Musical family Shabbat evening services
- Collaborative holiday observances
In the spirit of Tikkun Olam, we provide opportunities for serving our community and making positive and lasting changes in our world.
Youth and adults living Jewish values
- Clothing and book drives
- Annual Sports Luncheon for Friends with Special Needs
- Goods collection for a local Women’s Shelter
- Participation in city-wide Family Mitzvah Day
- Collect and distribute tzedakah
“It is not about programs. It is not about marketing. It’s not about branding, labels, logos, clever titles, websites, or smartphone apps. It’s not even about institutions. It’s about relationships.”- Rabbi Dr. Ron Wolfson
The bond of friendship and togetherness is what makes a community sacred to us. We are committed to creating a warm, inviting circle of friends at Beth Shalom.
Celebrate and Socialize
Singles, Young Professionals, and Families
- Shabbat dinners and luncheons
- Holiday celebrations
- Social outings
- Happy hours
- Networking opportunities