All classes are on Sundays at 1:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Time (20:00 Israel time)
The Book of Deuteronomy (Sefer Devarim) includes many laws that refer not only to social relationships but also to man’s relationship with nature. In this course we will discuss the relevance of the laws in Deuteronomy to our lives today and their connection with ideas of social and ecological justice.
The class will be held in English.
- 7/19/20 – Who Owns the Earth?
- 7/26/20 – Shabbat as an Ecological Day
- 8/2/20 – Rain and Social Justice
- 8/9/20 – Social Justice and Sabbatical Year
- 8/16/20 – The Interrelation Between Man and Nature
- 8/23/20 – Returning What Was Lost and Social Justice
- 8/30/20 – Celebrating the Good in Our Lives
- 9/8/20 – Not in Heaven: Practicing Social and Ecological Justice in Our Daily Lives
- 9/13/20 – Atonement During Pandemic Times
Password (if necessary): 386064