Current COVID-19 Protocol
Congregation Beth Shalom‘s COVID-19 protocol remains mask optional. This guidance is based on the advisement of our COVID-19 medical team. Our Task Force and medical advisers continue to review and update the protocol and guidance based on current information on the evolving pandemic. If you have any questions about our protocol please call our Executive Director, Robert Gleiberman at 412-421-2288 x 226.
We have a MASK REQUIRED SECTION in the Faye Rubenstein Weiss Sanctuary. This seating area is marked off by signage and is for those individuals that want to wear a mask and be with others also wearing a mask.
The ELC (Preschool) has a separate policy. They determine their own protocol and contact their families if changes are being made.
5 years of age and up
Congregation Beth Shalom requires individuals who are eligible for vaccination (ages 5 and up) to be fully vaccinated.
Fully vaccinated is defined below.
- Ages 5 to 11 should be at least two weeks past the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
- Ages 12 and up should be at least two weeks past the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.
- The J&J vaccine recipients should be at least two weeks past the one dose.
- Individuals who are eligible for vaccination (ages five and up) and have been fully vaccinated, if eligible, are allowed to attend in-person gatherings/services.
- If you haven't already, please email your vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
0-4 years of age
Ages 0 to 4 are encouraged to come to Beth Shalom to participate in Manny's Service in the Stofman-Zweig libraries as well as join together with the rest of the Congregation in the Faye Rubenstein Weiss Sanctuary and Samuel & Minnie Hyman Ballroom for services, kiddush and any other gatherings.
After an abundance of input from medical professionals, Beth Shalom has modified its masking policy. We also know, though, that parents of unvaccinated children below the age of five may feel uncomfortable in the near term with the changes, and we want to be respectful and supportive of all our families to create the most welcoming environment possible.
The Youth Tefillah team of Rabbi Goodman, Manny Theiner, and Ellie Downs is committed to making our Saturday services as inclusive a space as possible. To that end, during Youth Tefillah services (Manny's Service and Jr Cong), when staff is leading the service in smaller spaces such as the Stofman and Zweig Libraries, our YT team will remain masked for the near future. For participants and families, masking is at their individual discretion.
In larger spaces such as the Samuel and Minnie Hyman Ballroom, and the Faye Rubenstein Weiss Main Sanctuary, masking will be at the discretion of the individuals. Additionally, when the weather improves, the outdoor playground will reopen, and masking will also be at the individual's discretion.
Rabbi Mark Asher Goodman
Interim Director of Youth Tefillah
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
- Shabbat evening services Fridays at 6:00 p.m.
- Junior Congregation Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Manny's Service Saturdays at 11:15 a.m.
- Morning Service (8:00 a.m. on Sunday / 7:30 a.m. Monday – Friday)
- Evening Service (7:00 p.m. Sunday – Thursday / 6:00 p.m. on Friday)
- Shabbat Services:
- Candle Lighting: Jan. 27 at 5:13 p.m. | Feb. 3 at 5:22 p.m.
- Morning Services: Jan. 28 at 9:30 a.m. | Feb. 4 at 9:30 a.m.
- Minhah: Jan. 28 at 4:45 p.m. | Feb. 4 at 4:50 p.m.
- Ma’ariv: Jan. 28 at 5:55 p.m. | Feb. 4 at 6:00 p.m.
- Havdalah: Jan. 28 at 6:13 p.m. | Feb. 4 at 6:22 p.m.
Service Reference Sheets
Zoom services do not require a sign-up.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 943 2466 5900
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,94324665900# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,94324665900# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 943 2466 5900
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aEiSj6ob