High Holidays 5781
- Do you want to know what Beth Shalom is doing to the High Holidays this year? Scroll below for the full service schedule and Zoom links.
- Have you decided to place a Yom Kippur donation to Beth Shalom? We are very grateful! Please complete the donation located here.
- Trying to intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, or physically prepare for the High Holidays? Check out our Elemental Elul series!
- All of our information for Youth Tefillah during the High Holidays will be here. As details for these programs get clarified, this page will be updated. So make sure to check back!
- Prayer Books Are In! If you have purchased a mahzor (a High Holidays prayer book), please know that they have arrived! Please see Tika, our receptionist, between 9:00 and 4:45 weekdays to pick up your book.
- If you would like to borrow a mahzor, please see Tika, and sign one out. They must be returned after the holidays. For any book not returned by Friday, October 23, a $54 replacement charge will be assessed to your account.
- Russian High Holiday mahzorim also are available for borrowing from Tika at the Receptionist’s desk.
- Tiku Shofar, our Youth Mahzor is also available.
- Book of Remembrance – Click here to view
Visiting the Sanctuary
We will be reserving ten-minute time-slots to visit the Faye Rubenstein Weiss Sanctuary on weekdays between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, for a moment of prayer and reflection on the bimah before the ark. Each time-slot will be reserved for a single household unit.
The appointments will be spaced during that week, and must be made in advance to assure everyone’s safety and health.
All appointments will be between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday, and between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Friday, September 21-25, as well as 6:00-8:00 p.m. Monday and Wednesday.
We will ask that you arrive on time, please.
While in the building, all COVID-19 building rules apply, including entry contact less temperature taking, logging entry and exit times, mask wearing at all times while in the building, and physical distancing of six feet or more from others not in your household.
To sign up, please contact Tika, our receptionist, at Receptionist@BethShalomPgh.org, or 412‑421-2288 x114.
High Holiday Services 5781
All services will be on Zoom at our normal address for remote services: https://zoom.us/j/896828166.
Yom Kippur afternoon learning
High Holiday Guide 5781